Thursday, June 11, 2009

"SING!" (a poem from the past)

As I endeavor to find my creative muse, I tripped over some old poems and among them was the following which I wrote at a threshold of growth. It was shortly before I was called to apply to the academic program I'm currently in and I was just questioning my "purpose" and feeling the internal pressure to have to "figure it out"....

SING!

I'm sitting here at the crossroads of my existence
Running out of my creative sustenance
Caught between two polar opposites
With a noose around my esophagus
Runnin' outta time
Goin' outta my mind
Will you be so kind?
To help me find my sanity?

Trapped between 2 realities
Losing the grips of my moralities
I am my own worst enemy
And the key to my serenity
Why can't I
Just fly
High in the sky
No "hellos" or "goodbyes"
Nor bursting laugher or sighs

Trapped between who I am and who I wanna be
It's too hard,
Can't you see,
To manifest my divinity?

It takes too much outta me
To hypothesize
And begin to realize
How to self-actualize

I've forgotten
And spoiled myself rotten
Grown soft as cotton
As I'm trottin'
On this downward spiral
My BEING dull by the confrontation of life.

To be free from this dillusion
And be master of this illusion
I must bring to fusion
The causes of my confusion

I must shed my cacoon for my wings
And let freedom ring
From the corners of my being

BREAK OUT
From doubt
And shout out loud!
At the top of my lungs
As my past is hung
With its neck wrung
Making way
Without delay
For the ideal
To become real!

Not to play some given part
BUT CREATE FROM THE START
My own spiritual chart!

To shed my cacoon for my wings
And let freedom ring
From the corners of my being

I hold the key within me
To unlocking my true reality

To SHED MY CACOON FOR MY WINGS
AND LET FREEDOM RING
FROM THE CORNERS OF MY BEING!

No comments: