Sunday, August 17, 2008

Expectations and Projections...

It's a funny thing about expectations and reflections ...

I once read,
"That one's perception of the world is a direct reflection of one's perception of one's self."

I've lately been trying to watch how many times throughout the day, I find myself projecting on someone or any particular situation a notion of "should" or "have to". That he "should" feel this way, or this situation "shouldn't" be the way that it is right now. I'm beginning to see how the moment I'm projecting that, that's the very moment that disconnected from being present to that individual and their experience ... or the experience of this particular moment.

The more I'm resisting what's currently happening, ironically what's currently happening tends to magnify or escalate. The moment, I'm equanimous about the current situation and noticing when expectations come up and when I begin projecting, that's the very moment that something totally new - a new relationship with the present moment becomes available. It is in that very moment, I realize choice and what "choice" really is. The moment I'm actively choosing the present moment or being in the present moment, vs. projecting expectations or even being resigned about it - it is in that very moment that I am creatively connected.

It's truly incredible to notice how much of my energy is spend engaged in how people and situations should or shouldn't be. Observing more and more and bringing myself back to the current moment, the more I realize that time is actually moving a bit slower. That I'm able to enjoy each and every moment and however way anyone or anything is is simply perfect. This active engagement is not to be confused with apathy or indifference nor does it mean that one shouldn't have goals or have results they want to produce. Rather, utilizing the experience of equanimity becomes an incredibly powerful access in moving things forward because thoughts, feelings, intentions, even actions become incredibly clear and targetted ...

Interesting :-) ...

No comments: